The Victorian Style In The Interior
The Victorian house represents the aristocratic English style, which does not display all luxury of materials and accessories in appearance, but finely emphasizes it. Creation of the Victorian style will require the larger area of rooms, therefore, it will be difficult to create it in the apartment, and it is far simpler to make it in the spacious house.
The main features of the Victorian style homes
1. Combinations of several styles in one interior (eclecticism). For example, the windows are in the Gothic style, but antique style furniture, oriental origin accessories, and wall decoration – in the Baroque style. The main thing is that all components of an interior were in harmony with each other.
2. Expensive furniture from natural materials. It is preferred to use the valuable breeds of wood like an oak. In addition, the furniture can be decorated with gilding and expensive fabric.
3. Heavy doors and windows must be made from wood.
4. The color palette of old Victorian homes has to be presented by such tones as dark brown, green, burgundy, beige and lilac.
5. Walls get off with wallpaper, imitating fabric. A floor in the Victorian home is made from parquet, and expensive carpet can be laid over which. The ceiling can be plastered, and can be made of a stucco molding and wooden modules.
6. The fireplace, mirrors, various caskets, ashtrays, lamps in east finishing, and also curtains from expensive fabrics are the reference among the accessories to style.
7. Also, it is necessary to pay your attention that the Victorian style in an interior means existence of a set of the knickknacks decorating rooms. These knickknacks have to be made of marble, porcelain and other valuable materials.
The Victorian house colors
The Victorian homes always assume the harmony, steadiness and symmetry. In such house, everything is penetrated by sense of proportion, despite a simultaneous saturation around.
As a rule, the furniture is selected either light brown color, or dark red-brown shades. And, respectively, other elements of a decor will be picked up from light pink, lilac (lavender), gentle almond tones in case of light furniture and till red-brown flowers just for decoration from mahogany or an oak.
The singular delicacy to expensive interior is given by gilding, incrustation by jewels and metals, and also a drapery in red and ruby or emerald-green tones.
The wall decoration of the Victorian style homes
Decoration of the walls with fabric or wallpaper with stripes or a delicate pattern of blooming roses, realistically painted animals and birds – all this is an integral part of the Victorian interior. Often walls are decorated with the composite wallpaper with unusual ornamental surround pattern, reminding a bas-relief.
The wallpaper of Britain production is very popular today. It can be made from fabric on which maple, oak, birch leaves, a fern, or forest flowers and berries are represented.
The panels of valuable breeds of wood are executed over the wallpaper having a size of half or a third of height of walls of the room fastens. Such panels have no carving, but are decorated with an elegant ornament. Panels cannot be varnished at all, as glossy shine is forbidden in the Victorian interior.